Points of Light Brings the Volunteering Experts to You
Do you wish you could hear from the experts as you manage and scale your employee engagement and citizenship programs? Now you can! The latest trends in corporate volunteering are now at your fingertips and on video with Points of Light’s Corporate Video Lecture Series.
Watch and learn as corporate social responsibility experts from the Points of Light Leadership Faculty explore virtual volunteering, job purposing, organizing CreateAthons and hackathons, managing pro bono service, global volunteering and more.
View the series here.
In the video series, you’ll hear from:
- Bea Boccalandro, president of VeraWorks, on job purposing. Job purposing, a new management practice of broadening the social mission of corporate jobs, can help drive up employee engagement at your company.
- Erin Dieterich, director of corporate citizenship at NetSuite, on hackathons. Hackathons are events during which technology professionals collaborate to produce software projects for social good. Learn how you can organize a pro bono hackathon to engage key stakeholders and deliver social impact.
- Jared Chung, founder of CareerVillage.org, on virtual volunteering. Find out what virtual volunteering is, how the Internet is a powerful enabler of volunteering and how you can get involved.
- Teresa Coles, founder of CreateAthon on pro bono CreateAthons. Learn how you can engage your marketing professionals to support the social sector through CreateAthons, or pro bono marathons, and how you can get involved in this movement.
- Cheryl Naja, director of pro bono and community service at Alton & Bird, on how to manage pro bono projects for success. You’ll find out how to manage effective pro bono projects and how you can successfully match corporate talent to nonprofit needs.
- Greg Cotton, president of Cotton 7 Global Enterprises, on how to manage international corporate volunteer projects. Hear how a midsize security and clean technology company has managed and navigated global volunteer projects for impact.
Interested in learning more? Join hundreds of corporate social responsibility professionals and industry leaders at the Business Track at Points of Light’s Conference on Volunteering and Service in Houston on Oct 19-21.