Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) – is the nation's leading volunteer organization with more than 25 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities and helping volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities.
Position Overview: Points of Light is seeking an Accountant, who will plan, organize and execute the accounts payable/receivable and other related functions of the Foundation. This position ensures the accuracy of the accounts payable/receivable process and compliance with Foundation policies and procedures. The Accountant provides the primary point of contact with Foundation affiliates and vendors, and will develop a comprehensive understanding of the Foundation’s financial responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of invoice processing system (Fidesic), and prioritization of vendor and affiliate payments.
- Assist in developing and documenting revenue recognition policies for its product offering as well as internal controls affecting the accounting team.
- Perform all month end close responsibilities, including balance sheet and income statement journal entries for POL departments.
- Management of communication and interaction with internal constituents, vendors and affiliates.
- Processing payments – check, ACH, international wires.
- Assist with various projects such as process improvement activities and implementation of systems such as Great Plains, Salesforce, and invoice systems.
- Management of credit card issuance, training, processing, reconciliation, receipting.
- Management of travel expense and related system.
- 1099 processing and issuance.
- Assistance with Cash management and analysis.
- Assist with annual audit by creating compliant documentation and support for financial statements and internal controls.
- Work closely with other members of the finance team and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts and analysis. Support other departments to explain/resolve revenue- related questions/issues, proposals and projects.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA desired.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently to identify and resolve problems, while producing timely results.
- Great Plains (ERP) and Fidesic experience a plus.
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Speed, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent memory for programs, transactions, vendors, and constituents.
- Ability to interact professionally with a wide range of people.
- “Can do” attitude – willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Quick learner and self-starter – willing to adapt and take on additional responsibilities.
- Willingness to research and analyze to propose solutions to problems and answers to questions.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in systems, processes and documentation.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- A commitment to community service.
- Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please include “Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
No Phone Calls Please