Accounts Receivable Manager - Individual Contributor
Accounts Receivable, Manager Level
(Individual Contributor, position does not manage staff)
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) – is the nation's leading volunteer organization with more than 25 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities and helping volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities.
Position Overview: Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Controller of Finance and Accounting, the Accounting Manager is responsible for Cash and Accounts Receivable and Revenue Recognition and Reporting. This position is an individual contributor role and does not have management responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze and understand various product offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper revenue recognition in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America, and product code setup in the financial system. Manage Financial System activity codes and chart of accounts. Review sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition and reporting.
- Assist in developing and documenting revenue recognition policies for its product offerings as well as internal controls affecting the accounting team.
- Ensure timely recording, classification and reconciliation of operating and restricted revenues in collaboration with the Development department and ensure proper coding.
- Perform all month-end close responsibilities, including balance sheet and income statement journal entries for POL departments. Complete and resolve variance analysis for monthly reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Work closely with other members of finance team and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts and analysis. Support other departments to explain/resolve revenue-related questions/issues, proposals and projects.
- Recommend enhancements in internal control system.
- Assist the Budget Manager in the development of annual operating and temporary restricted budgets.
- Assist with annual audit by creating compliant documentation and support for financial statements and internal controls.
- Monitor the effectiveness of systems, policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations to ensure efficiency of daily operations.
- Continual education of evolving accounting literature and ability to adopt and apply technical accounting pronouncements.
- Assist with various projects such as process improvement activities and implementation of systems such as Great Plains, Salesforce, and invoice systems.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in progressive accounting management positions. Must possess strong motivational, communication and organizational skills and has the ability to multi-task, and to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Preferred experience in non-profit revenue recognition and other accounting principles.
- Ability to discern relevant facts and in turn, effectively resolve issues -- problem solver.
- Detailed oriented.
- Sense of urgency and deadline oriented.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to build and foster relationships and work with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated skills in the preparation of financial reports.
- Expertise in journal entry and financial and accounting reporting.
- Proficient Excel skills, general ledger/accounting systems, and other Microsoft Office products.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- A commitment to community service.
- Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com - please include “Accounts Receivable” in the subject line.