Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) is the leading volunteer organization with more than 20 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities to help volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities. We are organized into three divisions: Programs, Civic Incubator and Action Networks, which include: HandsOn Network, the largest network of 250 local volunteer centers across the country and around the world; generationOn, the youth service movement that ignites the power of kids to make their mark on the world; AmeriCorps Alums, the national service alumni network that activates the next generation of service leaders; and Points of Light Corporate Institute, which enables companies to engage their employees and customers in service.
Position: Budget Analyst
Position Summary: Manages organizational budget process. Analyzes budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls. Provides additional financial reports, detailed information and ensure all necessary adjustments and corrections are incorporated. Must have experience and be able to utilize Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Great Plains) and Microsoft Forecaster. Position reports to Chief Financial Officer in Atlanta, GA.
- Manage organizational budgeting function.
- Review financial reports to ensure they are compliant with policies and correct. Ensure information was recorded properly.
- Maintain accurate and complete filing records of all information.
- Provide support and resources as budget expert to operational staff in managing project and department specific budgets
- Research and respond to questions from budget owners, prepare adjusting entries if warranted.
- Research accounting records based on staff or finance team requests on monthly detail reports, make adjustments as required, gain supervisor approval and make final updates to reflect the changes.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all adjustments and GL entries.
- Provide Chief Financial Officer and senior staff with ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Play an active role in the annual budget process and upload the final data into the Forecaster system.
- Provide internal and external customer support.
- Track grants and complete required reports.
Qualifications & Education
- Must have Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (formerly known as Great Plains) Microsoft Forecaster
- Three - five years experience in an accounting support role in a financial environment
- Degree in account or business management or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate and relate to staff
- Knowledge of accounting software; ability to use accounting software
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software; ability to make data entry into working models
- Attention to detail and high quality work
- Highest levels of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently while able to address a wide variety of considerations.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity, and constant change.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%
To Apply: send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, Points of Light, 600 Mean Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.