Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
AmeriCorps Alums is a national network that believes the alumni of AmeriCorps represent the leadership pipeline for the 21st century. We convene alumni in over 70 chapters, develop their leadership and professional potential, and harness their voice and stories of national service. Learn more at www.americorpsalums.org AmeriCorps Alums is proud to be an enterprise of Points of Light (POL), a national nonprofit that inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action that changes the world. POL has a global focus to redefine volunteerism and civic engagement for the 21st century, putting people at the center of community problem solving. We are organized to innovate, incubate and activate new ideas that help people act upon their power to make a difference. Points of Light operate three dynamic divisions that share our mission: Action Networks, Programs, and the Civic Incubator
Position Summary: AmeriCorps Alums is seeking an entrepreneurial early career professional to manage and lead significant communications channels for AmeriCorps Alums, the only national network for the over 820,000 alumni of AmeriCorps national service. The Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for communications and outreach to the alumni community and partners in addition to all media relations including social media platforms. This position will also support the Alums chapter network, manages partnerships, and includes limited fundraising and event planning opportunities. The ideal candidate is an alumnus of AmeriCorps with experience and passion for social media, communications, and building community. This position requires effectively engaging in cross-functional projects and teams, being highly effective working independently, and eagerly pursuing scale and impact.
Reports to: Executive Director of AmeriCorps Alums
- Manage all external communications including social media platforms, website content, newsletters and email newsletters to alumni, current AmeriCorps programs and partner organizations
- Manage, support and grow AmeriCorps Alums Chapters, with attention to detail and exemplary customer service
- Lead the Advanced Leadership Team of alumni who will support the chapters
- Coordinate media relations and look to elevate profile of alumni in action as well as the organization
- Communicate and craft media materials for local alumni chapters and leverage national events and seasons of service
- Provide high quality client services and fulfillment responsibilities for events and partners
- Collaborate with Mobilization Manager on variety of cross-functional projects
- Manage the AmeriCorps Alums Eli Segal Award, an annual high profile award competition
- Support fundraising and development activities for a fast-growing organization
- AmeriCorps alum with in-depth understanding of AmeriCorps and national service preferred
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant professional or volunteer experience including communications, marketing, and media
- Superior customer service skills
- Proficiency in social media platforms, blogging, and online fundraising.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to write in multiple styles/voices and proactively edit others work
- A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet goals
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, and Outlook), knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, familiarity with HTML/ website creation knowledge a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development
- A commitment to community service, national service, and the nonprofit sector
- Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
Salary: Competitive, based upon experience, with comprehensive benefits package.
Send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with #AmeriCorpsAlums Communications Coordinator in the subject line. Points of Light, Human Resources, 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318. No phone calls please.