Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light – the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service – inspires, equips and mobilizes millions of people to take action that is changing the world. Through Points of Light’s Global Network of over 200 affiliates in 35 countries and partnerships with thousands of nonprofits and corporations, we engage 5 million people in 20 million hours of service each year. We bring the power of people to bear where it’s needed most.
Reports to: Vice President, Individual Giving
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Development Department Coordinator manages all aspects of gift tracking and stewardship for contributed revenue–including gift recording and reporting, finance integration, stewardship activities, data management and CRM information systems to fulfill the annual goals of the department.
The Coordinator’s role, at a high level, also includes coordinating departmental activities, communications and reporting; event and meeting logistics as needed; and managing contracts and external vendor payments.
While this position reports to the Vice President of Individual Giving, the Coordinator will regularly support requests across the entire Development Team and will engage and collaborate with other individuals in the organization.
- Direct responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of gift administration including, ensuring accuracy of donor designations; management of campaigns, funds and appeals; gift entry; receipt generation; production of gift log and production of pledge reminders.
- Track and process all honor and memorial gift requests and third party fundraising gift entry, processing and uploads.
- Ensure compliance with both internal accounting/ auditing and external industry guidelines for proper recording and classifications of donations. Maintain constituent information with confidentiality and accuracy. Ensure comprehensive gift documentation for audit purposes. Work in partnership with finance to ensure requirements are met. Educate staff and enforce documentation policies.
- Provide Resource Development staff with technical support and ongoing training. Identify, analyze, and trace technical data processing problems and improvement. Interact with Information Technology department to resolve problems as needed.
- Work with IT database administrator to ensure user friendly and efficient data architecture and procedures within Salesforce to maximize the systems capabilities and usefulness to fundraisers.
- Support fundraisers in the management and reporting of all donor and opportunity pipelines, campaign and appeal creation and invoicing.
- Create and maintain campaign and appeal mailing lists, donor files/ profiles and collateral materials.
- Work in collaboration with events and marketing colleagues to coordinate the creation and distribution of fundraising collateral materials (i.e., event invitations, sponsorship packages, funding proposals, etc.).
- Donor stewardship. Create customized thank you letters and promptly acknowledge all charitable gifts. Track pledge payments and donor history in conjunction with IRS regulations.
- Ensure proper system integration with development fundraising tools/vendors and with Finance. Provide weekly donor reports, support Development Team in tracking annual fundraising progress toward budget, and oversee and lead the Development Department’s gift reconciliation efforts with Finance, as well as support for any audit requests.
- Pipeline Production and Metrics. Design and execute reports to monitor overall pipeline production, performance against cash flow projections, conversion rates and related trends to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Development Team.
- Prepare and provide analytical reports, exports and custom reports in Salesforce and Excel as requested. Train staff to perform basic tasks, report look-up and navigate dashboards with Salesforce.
- Create and revise written business process and training documentation.
- Work with the Database Administrator to troubleshoot problems, input products based upon Finance chart of accounts, and ensure team is efficiently and appropriately following Salesforce guidelines for donation and contact usage. Serve as the team’s Salesforce super-user.
- Prospect Research. Prepare prospect research as directed, including both individual and institutional prospects.
- Annual Giving. At the direction of the Vice President, Individual Giving support individual giving campaigns by coordinating and integrating appeals through Salesforce, Classy and a variety of communications vehicles.
- Department Coordination and Operations. Provide administrative and fundraising support to the other members of the Development team as requested, including but not limited to scheduling internal and external meetings and calls, arranging travel, managing event logistics for partner engagement, preparing informational packets and presentations, etc.
Qualifications, Skill and Education:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required.
- Understanding of nonprofit fund accounting revenue recognition guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with Salesforce database software, including demonstrated understanding of issues involved in managing and refining software for effective use in Development work.
- Experience in gift recording and reporting for charitable institutions preferred, including demonstrated knowledge of gift reporting guidelines.
- Experience training and communicating with professionals in non-technical specialties.
- A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to help the Development team meet aggressive revenue goals.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in or with the intersection of non-profit and corporate cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- A commitment to community service and the nonprofit sector.
- Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity, and relentless change.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator, Development” as the subject line.
No phone calls please.