Coordinator of Federal Grants
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) is the leading volunteer organization with more than 20 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities to help volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities. We are organized into three divisions: Programs, Civic Incubator and Action Networks, which include: HandsOn Network, the largest network of 250 local volunteer centers across the country and around the world; generationOn, the youth service movement that ignites the power of kids to make their mark on the world; AmeriCorps Alums, the national service alumni network that activates the next generation of service leaders; and Points of Light Corporate Institute, which enables companies to engage their employees and customers in service.
Position: Coordinator of Federal Grants
Position Summary: POL manages several federal grants, currently granted by the Corporation for National and Community Service. POL also currently has a few other large grants that fund specific programs. Each of these grants requires special tracking to ensure compliance. The Coordinator of Federal grants will oversee federal and other grant compliance of all programs. The specific duties on the individual grants may vary however overall they are to ensure costs are allowable, budgets are managed, proper records are maintained, and required information is submitted accurately and timely. This may involve payroll, financial and/or administrative support to endure requirements are met. The position is responsible for administrative processes that ensure compliance files, timely response to compliance issues related to members and efficient processing of financial reports and surveys, record keeping and oversight. This position is located in Atlanta, GA and reports to the Senior Director of Finance.
- Support the development and implementation of tools and procedures for monitoring program excellence and compliance at the local level; this will include assessment resources, recording of member files, processing of fiscal requests, payroll and reimbursements.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures that support full regulatory compliance and programmatic excellence at all host-sites including the implementation of quarterly desk audits and monthly compliance calls.
- Hold primary responsibility for federal grant compliance. Support members serving within portfolio of sites in the tracking and reporting of National Direct service and training hours, programmatic reporting, health insurance, fiscal reporting, enrollment and eligibility documentation, etc.
- Hold secondary responsibility for increasing recruitment and retention rates for all host-sites. R&R will be tracked at least monthly and interventions and development plans developed accordingly. An R&R rate of 90% will be the benchmark of success.
- Perform annual desk based monitoring, including interviews with members (if on-site review not completed) and review of critical financial compliance factors.
- Hold primary responsibility for the compliance of members serving within portfolio of sites in the tracking and reporting of National Direct service and training hours and VISTA time off, programmatic reporting, health insurance, fiscal reporting, enrollment and eligibility documentation, etc.
- Track and monitor compliance of host site or department fiscal reporting, including periodic expense reporting and invoicing.
- Review and process expense reports and invoices submitted for reimbursement
- Complete billings and accounts receivable for all required payments.
- Process AmeriCorps member payroll.
- Actively participate in Program cross-functional planning teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 year of experience with grants management.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations, experience with cost principles.
- Experience with federal reporting requirements, audit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in fiscal management including budget tracking, expenditure management and reporting.
- Experience processing payroll.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, independence in utilizing available resources and information to formulate accurate responses and answers where appropriate.
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps program provisions and regulations.
- Proficient and demonstrable computer skills especially in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with the My AmeriCorps Portal.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated diplomacy with external stakeholders.
- High standards of professionalism and work ethics.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) required.
- National Service preferred.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include job title in the subject line. Fax – 404 979 2901, Points of Light, 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta GA 30318