Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) is the leading volunteer organization with more than 20 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities to help volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities. We are organized into three divisions: Programs, Civic Incubator and Action Networks, which include: HandsOn Network, the largest network of 250 local volunteer centers across the country and around the world; generationOn, the youth service movement that ignites the power of kids to make their mark on the world; AmeriCorps Alums, the national service alumni network that activates the next generation of service leaders; and Points of Light Corporate Institute, which enables companies to engage their employees and customers in service.
Position Summary: Responsible for the coordination of administrative functions for the Human Resources Department. Incumbent will participate in the administration of staffing, salary, training and benefits program and Points of Light’s Talent Management. Incumbent must assure that the Points of Light’s HR guiding principles are adhered to in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. These include having a focused and disciplined approach with an eye toward compliance with HR policies, regulations, laws and other Points of Light procedures, driving for results, delivering excellent customer service, emphasizing communication, recognition, teamwork and collaboration, seeking ways to support and develop standardized processes and common procedures, and an unwavering attention to growth and development in self and internal clients.
- Compliance: Support the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures that support full regulatory compliance and programmatic excellence at all host-sites including the implementation of quarterly Human Resources audits. Maintain personnel files. Assist in preparation for any internal or external audits.
- Reporting: Respond to file request, management team request for data, utilize Points of Light’s HRIS to run ad hoc reports. Run monthly benefits report, reconcile, submit changes to carriers. Manage incoming expenses.
- Recruiting: Support HR Director in staffing POL. This includes position postings, processing incoming resumes and applications of various formats, resume responses, some prescreening, scheduling interviews and assisting in ensuring that Points of Light’s recruiting process is followed.
- Talent Management: Assist with talent management initiatives including the areas of on-boarding, orientation, training, performance review and succession/leadership planning.
- Employee Recognition: Assist in creating and maintaining a strong employee recognition program that reflects the core values of Points of Light while recognizing employees in the manner the manner that will have the most positive impact
- Other: Actively participate in cross-functional planning teams as needed, support staff engagement activities
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Experience with HRIS and human resources a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in fiscal management including budget tracking, expenditure management and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, independence in utilizing available resources and information to formulate accurate responses and answers where appropriate.
- Proficient and demonstrable computer skills especially in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- High standards of professionalism and work ethics.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) required.
- Prefer demonstrated commitment to volunteerism
Compensation: Competitive also 403B
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include job title in the subject line. Points of Light, 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta GA 30318