Manager, Civic Accelerator
Manager, Civic Accelerator
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Does working with social entrepreneurs and helping to build and support new initiatives inspire and motivate you? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
The Points of Light Civic Innovation supports and invests in scalable, innovative ventures to create new ways for more people to use their collective time, talent, voice and money to address social issues. We believe we need new solutions to solve challenging issues facing our society and that the most promising innovations come from entrepreneurs who are willing to apply their talent and tenacity to “do good”.
Points of Light is the largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, mobilizing millions of people to take action that is changing the world. Through affiliates in 240 cities and partnerships with thousands of nonprofits and corporations, we engage 4 million volunteers in 30 million hours of service each year.
Civic Innovation -- the Points of Light innovation arm -- seeks a Manager to support programs and initiatives that develop new ways for more people to help solve social issues.
A priority focus will be to support the Civic Accelerator, a boot camp-style program and investment fund that supports and invests in early-stage civic ventures. Since our launch in 2012, we have screened over 1500 entrepreneurs, graduated over 100 teams across eight cohorts, invested $800,000 and engaged over 150 mentors and advisors to support entrepreneurs and their teams. The Manager position will support the Civic Accelerator program as well as work across the division.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional program and partnership development, project and event management, analytical and organizational skills. This position will collaborate with POL departments and external partners and stakeholders. This position reports to the Civic Innovation President and will work closely with the Director as a member of a lean, high-energy team.
Manage overall areas and lead key work streams in:
- Pipeline & Partnership Development
- Pipeline – co-lead efforts to identify and recruit entrepreneur participants through various marketing channels working with scouts, interns and pipeline partners.
- Build new partnerships; maintain and support current national and local partners
- Track and manage communications and engagement; manage partnership database
- Outreach, Communications & Event Management
- Lead planning and implementation for Civic Accelerator gatherings and events, including logistics and contract negotiation.
- Manage digital marketing platforms – newsletters, social media, maintain website, event marketing, press release, and some graphic design.
- Support storytelling, marketing and communications in coordination with POL MarComm department; work with entrepreneurs, interns and partners to develop content.
- Communications with entrepreneurs and our advisors/mentors; Support funder reports and documents; support mentors, partners and Advisory Council.
- Program & Database Support
- Help create annual and ongoing financial and impact reports; provide ad hoc analysis and reports on outreach, selection, venture outputs and outcomes.
- Manage/support vendors and partners -- liaison with consultants and partners in areas including evaluation, event management, public relations and others.
- Support investment process and tracking with peer-selected ventures.
- Manage contact databases and list-serves; Help to schedule key meetings and gatherings.
- Serve as a liaison with POL assets and programs, including the annual conference, board communications and alignment with other programs.
- A BA/BS degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in two or more key areas: project management, partnership development, event and program marketing/communications, analytics/data evaluation.
- Ability to research and analyze data and summarize in key communication materials.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success working with multiple constituencies and across various functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; MS Office and database computer skills.
- Knowledge of social innovation sector including key players, funders and research is a plus.
- Some travel will be required.
- A commitment to community service and the mission of Points of Light.
- Personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals.
- Able to thrive in environment characterized by significant growth, diversity and change.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently.
Compensation:Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience; excellent benefits. For more information, please visit www.pointsoflight.org or more specifically www.pointsoflight.org/civicx.
To APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, CivicX” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls Please