Program Manager, Disaster Services
Program Manager, Disaster Services
Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC, or Remote
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast‐paced, mission‐driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) is the leading volunteer organization with more than 25 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. Points of Light (POL) achieves this by delivering issue-focused programs; connecting people to volunteer opportunities; telling stories that inspire action; and providing expertise and resources to individuals, nonprofits and companies that want to make a greater impact.
General Description of Disaster Services:
Points of Light’s Disaster Services includes resilience strategies that link emergency preparedness to community engagement. We are building a culture of preparedness and resilience community-by-community through volunteerism. Our programming focuses on the following:
- Education – Ongoing communication to the public about preparedness, risks, and resources before and after a disaster;
- Self-Sufficiency – Enable and support individuals and communities to assume responsibility for their preparedness; and
- Partnership – Develop strong partnerships within and between government and nongovernmental organizations.
Position Summary and Responsibilities: This role is responsible for all aspects of implementation of the Ready Corps program. This may also include support for Response and Recovery efforts, training, and new programs as they develop.
- Oversee all aspects of the Ready Corps program to include but not limited to the recruitment and selection of program participants and the planning, organizing, and leading of program activities.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery and operations of the program to maintain or improve quality.
- Create resources and training for the program to ensure program excellence.
- Serve as a content expert for the National Direct program. Plan the delivery of program activities in accordance with federal/grant guidelines.
- Lead all training required for the program.
- Identify and develop resources to make the programs successful.
- Ensure that all programs are in compliance with grant requirements.
- Complete required grant reporting requirements to assess performance.
- Provide tactical direction to program supervisors and members.
- Perform host site visits and provide feedback to each host operating site.
- Train and supervise AmeriCorps VISTAs and Ready Corps team members as required.
- Manage additional projects as required to support the goals of the Military Initiatives team.
- Assist the Vice President with implementing an effective marketing and technology strategy.
Qualifications and Education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant experience essential
- Three to five years of progressive responsibility/experience in a nonprofit/government environment
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience and skills in program management, facilitation and training, corrective action planning, and technical assistance.
- Knowledge/experience of the National Direct and AmeriCorps programs preferred
- Knowledge/experience of Disaster preparedness, response and recovery, mitigation, and risk required
- Strong recruiting skills
- Substantial volunteer history; Volunteer management experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, independence in utilizing available resources and information to formulate accurate response and answers where appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Skills and Attributes:
- Passion for volunteerism and service as a strategy for addressing social issues
- High professional standards with the ability to bring diverse communities and groups together for a common mission
- High degree of commitment to helping communities become resilient
- Proficient and demonstrable computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail
- Strong understanding of military culture, language, and structures
Salary: Competitive, based upon experience, with comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Interested persons should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Program Manager Disaster” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.