Program Manager, Military Initiatives
Program Manager, Military Initiatives
Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC, or Remote
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast‐paced, mission‐driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Points of Light (POL) is the leading volunteer organization with more than 25 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. Points of Light (POL) achieves this by delivering issue-focused programs; connecting people to volunteer opportunities; telling stories that inspire action; and providing expertise and resources to individuals, nonprofits and companies that want to make a greater impact.
General Description of Military Initiatives:
Points of Light’s Military Initiatives inspires our nation’s military, veterans, and their families to continue their service within their local communities. Service members, veterans, and their families are civic assets and the solution to address challenges of poverty, homelessness, unemployment, etc. The division executes its mission through the implementation of the Frontline Families program, Community Blueprint Initiative and National Days of Service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities: This role is responsible for all aspects of implementation of the Frontline Families program. This may also include support for National Days of Service and new programs as they develop.
- Oversee all aspects of the Frontline Families program to include but not limited to the recruitment and selection of program participants and the planning, organizing, and leading of program activities.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery and operations of the program to maintain or improve quality.
- Create resources and training for the program to ensure program excellence.
- Serve as a content expert for the National Direct program. Plan the delivery of program activities in accordance with federal/grant guidelines.
- Lead all training required for the program.
- Identify and develop resources to make the programs successful.
- Ensure that all programs are in compliance with grant requirements.
- Complete required grant reporting requirements to assess performance.
- Provide tactical direction to program supervisors and members.
- Perform host site visits and provide feedback to each host operating site.
- Train and supervisor AmeriCorps VISTAs and Military Initiatives team members as required.
- Manage additional projects as required to support the goals of the Military Initiatives team.
- Assist the Vice President with implementing an effective marketing and technology strategy.
Qualifications and Education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Three to five years of progressive responsibility/experience in a nonprofit/government environment
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience and skills in program management, facilitation and training, corrective action planning, and technical assistance.
- Knowledge/experience of the National Direct and AmeriCorps programs preferred
- Knowledge/experience of Military service preferred
- Strong recruiting skills
- Substantial volunteer history; Volunteer management experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, independence in utilizing available resources and information to formulate accurate response and answers where appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Skills and Attributes:
- Passion for volunteerism and service as a strategy for addressing social issues
- High professional standards with the ability to bring diverse communities and groups together for a common mission
- High degree of commitment to helping the MilVet population.
- Proficient and demonstrable computer skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated excellence in attention to detail
- Strong understanding of military culture, language, and structures
Salary: Competitive, based upon experience, with comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Interested persons should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Program Manager Military” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.