The generationOn annual benefit is vital to our youth service programs. The benefit serves as an opportunity to honor members of our community who are committed to youth service and to celebrate generationOn’s volunteers – from young people to civic and corporate leaders – for their exceptional dedication to bringing positive change to their communities.
The event honors people who support the mission of generationOn in their life as well as showcase the youth Hasbro Community Action Heroes.
Honorees from past years have included:
- Gary Knell, chief executive officer of National Public Radio (2012)
- Lauren Bush, president and co-founder of FEED Project (2012)
- Brian Goldner, CEO of Hasbro (2011)
- Laurie Tisch, founder of the Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund (2011)
- Tonya Lewis Lee & Spike Lee (2011)
- Katie Couric, anchor of the CBS Evening News (2010)
- Alexandra Lebenthal, president and CEO of Alexandra & James (2009)
- Sherrie Rollins-Westin & David Westin, former president of ABC News (2008)
The evening truly represents a diverse group of people coming together to support empowering young people to become the next generation of leaders and civic activists.