The Points of Light Service Generation Campaign
The Tribute Event on March 21, 2011 served as a catalyst for Points of Light's $30-million Service Generation Campaign, which will support pivotal strategies that define the next generation of service in our nation, and allow the organization to reach its three-year goals. Through two distinct funds, the Service Generation Campaign's $30 million goal will be invested to catalyze new strategies, as well as to leverage legacy programs that can be re-imagined for greater impact. Points of Light thanks our Service Generation Campaign Donors for their support of these important initiatives.
Innovation Capital Fund (impacting communities) - $20 Million in investments focused on critical areas of innovation that will propel the Institute's work to achieve its three-year goals and longer term community impact.
- $1M - Policy and Thought Leadership - Convene and develop new ideas to drive success
- $1M - Civic Incubator - Invest in high potential local programs, providing management help and channels for growth that can enable them to scale nationally
- $5M - Youth Engagement - Powering generationOn, the newest division of Points of Light Institute, to mobilize a global youth service movement igniting the power of kids to make their mark on the world.
- $1M - Corporate Activation - Expand the support and encouragement of corporations to activate employee volunteers, strengthen the corporate culture of volunteerism and creatively utilize other resources to strengthen communities
- $1M - Technology - Expand Points of Light's cutting-edge management software system, HandsOn Connect, for HandsOn Action Centers and nonprofits across the country, to dramatically increase the number of engaged volunteers and the capacity of nonprofits.
- $5M - Get HandsOn Initiative - Mobilize 500,000 service leaders who will recruit, lead, and engage others in 2 million acts of service focused on education and improved student performance, enhanced economic opportunities for families, and environmental stewardship focused on reducing our carbon footprint.
- $5M - HandsOn Flagships - Identify, cultivate, and develop high-impact regional Flagship Action Centers that create "communities of light" that demonstrate measurably higher impact, and double HandsOn Network's engagement from 2.1 to 5 million volunteers over the next three to five years.
- $1M - Global Engagement - Support international expansion through strategic partnerships that allow Points of Light Institute's Hands on Network to serve global communities
Bush Legacy Fund (Building on President Bush's Legacy) - $10 Million to support programmatic areas that sustain President Bush's legacy and strengthen the effectiveness and impact of Points of Light Institute through essential operational support.
- $1M - National Recognition System - Raise the profile of the Daily Point of Light Award and the President's Volunteer Service Award, and create a stronger marketplace for these powerful tools through effective marketing and storytelling.
- $1.5M - The Extra Mile Points of Light Volunteer Pathway - Complete this powerful national symbol for service and develop related web and mobile educational components
- $5M - Reserve Funding Strengthen Points of Light Institute's financial sustainability
- $500K - National Headquarters Provide for equipment and renovations
- $500K - Interfaith Service Initiative Service Initiative: increase service and understanding through new forms and levels of local engagement and partnership across faith communities
- $1.5M - Social Enterprise - Seek out and continue to capitalize on mission-aligned opportunities with the potential to create