The Social Good Summit was this past week; such a great conference bringing together change agents and leaders all over the globe to share new initiatives and ideas. Here is a compilation of highlights from mashable, bloggers, YouTube and Pinterest we found over the internet.
Philanthropy is about using the resources you have at your fingertips to improve the world.
The Internet is allowing for us to really experience people in some of the most distant places in the world — as other people just like us. So get to know people, seek out bloggers from a country you’re kind of curious about. It’s about building empathy and breaking through to the point of recognizing people as people.
— Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia
DAY 1 of the SOCIAL GOOD SUMMIT: http://mashable.com/2012/09/23/social-good-summit-saturday/
DAY 2 of the SOCIAL GOOD SUMMIT: http://mashable.com/2012/09/23/social-good-summit-sunday/
DAY 3 of the SOCIAL GOOD SUMMIT: http://mashable.com/2012/09/25/social-good-summit-monday/
Watch video recaps on the SOCIAL GOOD SUMMIT LIVESTREAM: http://new.livestream.com/Mashable/SGS/videos/4051710
- Find more video recaps on the United Nations Social Good Summit YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsgX7DowtT9no7PCYsqbDbFDKXw5oHtDw&feature=plcp
- Read memorable quotes from the conference: http://mashable.com/2012/09/26/social-good-summit-quotes/
- Here is a great pinterest board of the events: http://pinterest.com/yangbodu/social-good-summit-global-2012/
- The motherhood blog recaps the event: http://www.themotherhood.com/blog/the-social-good-summit-rocks-year-three/
- The global conversation captured on tumblr : http://theglobalconversation.tumblr.com/
- Great storify recap of the conference: http://degrees.fhi360.org/crowdblog-social-good-summit/
- Takaways from the k4health blog: http://www.k4health.org/blog/post/social-good-summit-inspiring-all-ages
- News article on how this conference is changing the future: http://ecosalon.com/how-is-the-social-good-summit-changing-the-future/
Social media is just the tool. We–the connected people of the world–are the agents of change.
Have other blogs, news, videos, or photos you want to add to our list? Share in comments!