There is just one week left to apply for the generationOn National Youth Advisory Council. The Council is a unique opportunity for 12 middle and high school students (13 to 18 years old) from diverse backgrounds across the country to participate in a service-learning and leadership development program within generationOn. Participants will contribute to and inform generationOn programming while acting as ambassadors and leaders for youth service in their communities.
Thanks to the generous support of The Hasbro Children’s Fund, the Youth Advisory Council provides youth the opportunity to:
- Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on youth and service
- Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives from across the country
- Inform generationOn programming while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service
- Act as a service-learning ambassador in their region by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning
As Points of Light’s youth service enterprise, generationOn inspires, equips and mobilizes youth to take action through generationOn service clubs, schools, youth organizations, campaigns and youth leadership initiatives. It works to infuse its programming with youth voice and creates replicable models of youth leadership for the field.
Youth interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in middle school or high school (in grades 7 to 11) as of September 2012
- Be 13-18 years old in September 2012
- Be a resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia
- Be able to commit to a term from September 2012 to June 2014
- Be available to travel with a parent/guardian chaperone July 31 – August 5, 2012, for a special, expense-paid, kick-off youth leadership training event in Washington, D.C.
- Be available via phone for bi-weekly web meetings with fellow Council members
- Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
Applications accepted now through Tuesday, April 10, 5 p.m. EDT.
If you know of a young person who is passionate about service and would make a great leader, visit generationOn.org to learn more about how to apply.