Points of Light Welcomes New Members to Board of Directors
Points of Light is pleased to announce the addition of seven new volunteer leaders to its Board of Directors. Each individual brings a commitment to civic engagement and a desire to apply their skills and expertise to Points of Light’s mission to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that creates change in their communities.
The newly appointed members of the Points of Light Board of Directors are:
- David Baga is the chief business officer for Lyft, leading Lyft’s efforts to build and scale transportation solutions for enterprise clients.
- Nick Costides is the global vice president, information technology, for UPS, leading UPS’s portfolio of global operations technology.
- Patrick Davis is the founder and chief executive officer of Davis Brand Capital. Patrick Davis has served as a trusted advisor to boards and senior executives worldwide for more than 20 years.
- Toni Irving, Ph.D., is executive director of Get IN Chicago, a private fund with a public mission to invest in programs targeted at acutely high risk youth and convene public and private organizations to help make Chicago safer and individual lives better.
- John Kelly is senior vice president of global responsibility, community and public policy at Starbucks, overseeing the global development and execution of Starbucks’ strategies and functions including corporate responsibility, ethical sourcing and environmental impact, public policy and government affairs.
- Diane Melley is the vice president, global citizenship initiatives at IBM, with leadership responsibility over the IBM services grant portfolio globally, which includes, offerings for not-for-profits, schools and government organizations.
- Marty Rodgers is the client director for Accenture Health & Public Service and has worked as a board member, staff or consultant to nonprofit organizations for more than 20 years.
The new cohort of board members began their service on Jan. 1, 2017, and will serve a three-year term.
About Points of Light
Points of Light, the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, mobilizes millions of people to take action that is changing the world. Through affiliates in 250 cities and partnerships with thousands of nonprofits and corporations, Points of Light engages four million volunteers in 30 million hours of service each year. We bring the power of people where it’s needed most. For more information, visit www.pointsoflight.org.