Service members, whether returning from deployment or permanently separating from the military altogether, come home to a time of celebration with family and friends. However, when the excitement wears off, the reality and challenges of reintegration begin.
Learn more about reintegration and the military community.
The following are community solutions for addressing the reintegration challenges of veterans and their families. These community solutions were identified and developed by a national coalition of over 55 veteran and military-serving organizations nonprofits and government agencies.
- Welcome Program - Outreach to Veterans, service members and their families entering into the community.
- Mentoring Program - Provide a mentoring programs for Veterans moving into the community.
- Annual Media Campaign - Thanking local veterans for their service and highlighting resources.
- Coordination with Yellow Ribbon Program - A DoD Program for Supporting Reserve and National Guard Families
- Community Action Team - Learn how to form a Reintegration Community Action Team.