Veteran Employment and Military Spouse Employment
The following are community solutions for addressing the employment challenges of veterans and their families. These community solutions were identified and developed by a national coalition of over 55 veteran and military-serving organizations nonprofits and government agencies.
- Job Fairs - Implement job fairs focused on Veterans, Reservists, National Guardsmen, and their spouses.
- Resume Preparation Workshop - Hold a resume preparation workshop for veterans and military spouses.
- Mock Interview Workshop - Hold a mock interview workshop for veterans and military spouses.
- Training: Reverse Boot Camps - Create a bootcamp designed to: introduce veterans and separating service members to the types of jobs available in their community; manage their expectations regarding office culture, career advancement and other issues; and to aid in the translation of military experience into civilian terms.
- Employer Practices - Employers adopt military-friendly practices.
- Annual Media Campaign - Outreach to raise awareness to the benefits of hiring a veteran.
- Community Action Team - Learn how to form an Employment Community Action Team.