As the largest organization in the world dedicated to volunteer service, Points of Light is proud to be a strategic partner of Verified Volunteers, the only background check platform tailored to the specific needs of the service sector.
Verified Volunteers is designed to make background screening of volunteers faster, easier and less costly for nonprofits and volunteers themselves.
Benefits of screening through Verified Volunteers for nonprofits:
- Quality and accuracy – Using a combination of proprietary technology and a set of unique criminal locators, Verified Volunteers finds more criminal records at America's county and state courthouses and delivers the most accurate information available about your volunteers. The Verified Volunteers screening process goes far beyond the stale, instant database background checks and incomplete searches used by other providers.
- Added peace of mind – Volunteer information is updated for you free of charge each month for the first year so you have the added security of monitoring your volunteers for new criminal records.
- Secure and compliant – Verified Volunteers background checks are housed in a completely secure environment and are fully Fair Credit Reporting Act compliant.
- Easy ordering and administration – Volunteers enjoy paperless, self-service ordering and volunteer managers administer their volunteer screening online, significantly reducing administrative time.
- Customized payment options – Your organization can decide to cover the entire cost of the screening, you can ask the volunteer to pay the full cost, you can split the cost between the organization and the volunteer or you can simply give the volunteer the option to contribute to the cost of his or her screening.
- A volunteer community – Volunteers can own and control a copy of their background checks in secure volunteer accounts and profiles.
- The volunteer fast-pass – Free, up-to-date background checks are shared securely with you when previously vetted volunteers with another organization on Verified Volunteers share their checks with you.
Benefits of Verified Volunteers for volunteers:
- Verified Volunteers saves time and money by eliminating the need for multiple background checks. Once you complete an online background check with Verified Volunteers, your screening status is current and you have the option of reusing it with any other Verified Volunteer member organization.
- Verified Volunteers allows you to own, control, maintain and share your background check through the Verified Volunteers self-service online platform.