This year, U.S. corporations will provide $15 billion in pro bono services to nonprofits. To make the most of this generous support, nonprofits have to have a plan.
The new Readiness Roadmap, created by Capital One Financial Corporation in partnership with Common Impact, Points of Light and Taproot Foundation, helps them create one.
The free, online resource for nonprofits includes:
- Ways to assess organizational readiness
- Ways to assess project readiness
- How to find pro bono and skills-based volunteers
- Tips for project planning
- How to manage pro bono programs
- Ways to evaluate projects and recognize volunteers.
"As leaders in the skills-based volunteer movement, we recognize that it takes both strong nonprofit and corporate partners to execute effective community programs. Our goal is for every business, from Main Street to Wall Street, to have the opportunity to work with strong nonprofits," said Jackie Norris, executive director of the Points of Light Corporate Institute.
Access the Readiness Roadmap online at www.readinessroadmap.org.