Birthday Wishes for President George H. W. Bush and Your Chance to Give a Meaningful Gift
It’s our founder’s 90th birthday today, and lots of folks have something to say about that.
President George H. W. Bush reads to children during a visit to Sri Lanka. (Photo by Joe Reilly)
- What does President Bush really want for his birthday? His son Neil Bush, chair of Points of Light’s board, answers the question on CNN.com.
- What should today’s young people know about President Bush’s life of service? Gregg Petersmeyer, founding director of the White House Office of National Service, answers on Politico.com.
- What was so revolutionary about President Bush’s focus on service? Read Points of Light President Tracy Hoover’s views on The Huffington Post.
- What did President Bush have to do with five promises to young Americans? Check out this piece from John Gomperts, president and CEO of America’s Promise Alliance.
- And what do 41 extraordinary storytellers have to say about President Bush? Watch the premiere of 41ON41 on CNN, Sunday, June 15, at 9 p.m.
You can wish President Bush a happy birthday by giving him the one present he’s sure to love: your pledge to serve. Go to BeOne.PointsofLight.org and make a pledge to volunteer in honor of President Bush’s lifetime of service. Let us know that you’ll tutor a child, plant a community garden, serve at your local food bank – whatever you feel passionately about. When you pledge, a point of light will appear on a national map.