For many veterans, transitioning from active duty back to civilian life begins on a college campus, where they can receive the additional training and educational foundation they need for success. And you can help.
Points of Light Military Initiatives is proud to partner with the Corporation for National and Community Service and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to launch a new AmeriCorps service program: VetSuccess on Campus.
For this program, Points of Light Military Initiatives will soon begin recruiting 20 AmeriCorps members to serve on 10 college campuses across the country. These members will help Veterans Affairs counselors provide student veterans with services and resources to ease the transition to college life. VetSuccess on Campus will also offer career development guidance and access to health benefits.
Here are the 10 participating schools:
- Cleveland State University
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Portland State University
- Rhode Island College
- Salt Lake Community College
- Texas A&M University, Central Texas
- University of Alaska, Anchorage
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- University of Texas, San Antonio
- University of Utah
Interested in learning more? Contact Raleigh Keagan at [email protected].