With just a few days before the world’s largest gathering of volunteer and service leaders, there are a few important items we don’t want you to forget to ensure you make the most of your conference experience and time in the Big Easy.
Online pre-registration is now closed. To view your itinerary, click here.
Once you arrive at the Morial Convention Center New Orleans (MCCNO), enter the Hall B exterior doors and proceed to the registration desks inside Hall B2. Registration hours are:
|Saturday, June 4||12:30 – 6 p.m.|
|Sunday, June 5||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Sunday, June 6||6 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Monday, June 7||6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday, June 8||6:30 – 11 a.m.|
Walk-up registration will be available during these hours as well. If you wish to change your itinerary, visit the onsite Program Viewing Stations across from the registration desks to choose your options, search for speakers or find updated room information.
Make plans now to visit the Community Champions Quarter in Hall B2, sponsored by Starbucks Coffee Company. In addition to more than 60 exhibitors, the exhibit hall features three lounge areas for your meeting and networking needs; the Community Café, powered by Hewlett-Packard, cyber center; free wi-fi and the Only New Orleans all-conference event sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company with support from Entergy.
Other Important Things to Know
- Lodging – Please contact your hotel directly to confirm or change you lodging. Click here for hotel contact information.
- Weather and Attire – During this time of year, New Orleans is hot and humid, frequently with afternoon showers. Please check the weather report and pack accordingly. The city encourages walking, so please wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Shuttle buses will be provided between the convention center and the New Orleans Marriott and Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street.
- Immersion Learning Sessions – Please check the attire and accessibility details if you’ve registered for any immersion learning sessions. Click herefor a full list of these sessions and special notes.
- Service Projects – If you are participating in any of the service projects on Monday, be sure to board your bus outside Hall D starting at 7 a.m. as all buses will depart MCCNO at 7:30 a.m. Please wear comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes.
- Recreational Equipment Drive – Help us achieve our service mission while in New Orleans by participating in the Recreational Equipment Drive. We will be accepting donations in Hall B2. Please bring any of the following new items for donation to the New Orleans Recreation Department (NORD): basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, baseballs, jump ropes, hula hoops, swim goggles, new or partially used gift cards to sports equipment retailers, or any other sports and athletic gear for children.
- Wi-Fi – Complimentary wireless connections are available in the exhibit hall and in all MCCNO meeting rooms. Look for SSIDs [email protected] and NCVS2011.
- Speaker Handouts and Session Locations – Some materials will be available in advance from presenters. To view the entire conference schedule, download available materials and review room information, click here.
- Lagniappe Daily Newsletter – Pick up your copy of the NCVS’ daily newsletter, Lagniappe, available throughout the convention center or online at www.volunteeringandservice.org.
- Explore New Orleans – For a list of local restaurants, music and don’t-miss events, click here or visit the On the Town booth in the lobby of Hall B2 at MCCNO.
See you in New Orleans!