Global nonprofit Points of Light announced today that early-bird registration is now open for the 2021 Points of Light Conference. This year’s event will be an online experience to ensure the health and wellbeing of attendees as the COVID pandemic continues to pose a risk for large gatherings. The virtual event, is scheduled for July 14-15.
Core to Points of Light’s philosophy is a belief that the most powerful force in the world is an individual who has realized their power to make a positive difference. The 2021 Points of Light Conference will bring together a virtual audience of changemakers from the nonprofit, government, business and civic sectors to connect and uncover meaningful ways to drive transformative change. This virtual event will offer an interactive, inspirational and engaging learning environment that will challenge attendees to build stronger communities and position organizations to galvanize the power of people.
“This past year, we have seen a renewed energy for civic engagement as individuals around the world have stepped up to meet the most pressing needs of their community, from responding to a global pandemic to standing up for human rights, social justice and racial equity,” said Natalye Paquin, president and CEO of Points of Light. “Understanding how people engage is critical to building community and moving our work forward. The 2021 Points of Light Conference is our opportunity to write the next chapter of The Civic Century, share ideas and build a better normal.”
This year’s online conference experience will deliver a dynamic array of inspirational moments, engaging learning and networking opportunities, as well as high-quality live webcasts. The event will be the kick-off for a yearlong learning journey that will culminate with the 2022 conference at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
“At Disney, we are passionate about volunteering,” said George A. Kalogridis, President, Segment Development and Enrichment, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. “We have enjoyed a long relationship with Points of Light and together, we have seen how one person or one family’s commitment to service can make a lasting difference in not only their community, but the world. We are pleased to participate in this year’s virtual conference and look forward hosting the 2022 Points of Light Conference at the most magical place on earth—Walt Disney World Resort.”
Business and community leaders from across Florida will serve on the conference Host Committee, chaired by Kalogridis, to identify inspirational speakers and cultivate high-quality experiences for virtual attendees during the event and through the year leading up to the 2022 in-person event.
The following individuals will serve as members:
- Chris Allen, Executive Director, Hands On Orlando
- Tajiana Ancora-Brown, Director, External Affairs, Walt Disney World Resort
- Gary Blanchette, Executive Director (Recently Retired), Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Non Profit Leadership
- Carnita Chopin, Director of Sales – Association Group Sales, Hilton Worldwide Sales
- Shannon Clark, Chief Customer Service Officer, Florida Citrus Sports
- Lisa Davis, Manager, Community Impact, JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
- Erika J. Davis, CRP, Corporate Community Impact, JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
- Jennifer Flynn Dear, Managing Director, Community Impact and Alumni, KPMG LLP
- Joe Dzaluk, President and CEO, 2022 Special Olympics USA Games
- Anna V. Eskamani, State Representative — District 47, Florida House of Representatives
- Linda Landman Gonzalez, VP, Community Relations & Government Affairs, Orlando Magic, and President, Orlando Magic Youth Foundation
- Doug Goodman, Ph.D., Professor & Director, School of Public Information, University of Central Florida
- Marcia Hope Goodwin, Chief Service Officer and Director, Office of Community Affairs, Office of the Mayor, City of Orlando
- Taryn Green, Bonner Leaders Program, Rollins College
- Jodie Hardman, SVP, Market Manager, Local Market Organization, Bank of America
- Jeff Hayward, President & Chief Executive Officer, Heart of Florida United Way
- Meredith Hein, Director, Center for Leadership & Community Engagement, Rollins College
- Gretchen Jordan, CVA, Association Manager, Association of Leaders in Volunteer Engagement (AL!VE)
- George A. Kalogridis, President, Segment Development and Enrichment, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Sean Keeney, Destination Services Senior Manager, Visit Orlando
- Shawana Kenner, Security Manager, UPS
- Steve Kirby, President, Kiwanis Club of Orlando Foundation
- Erica La Spada, Manager of Volunteer and Community Engagement, United Way of Northeast Florida
- Dale Mandell, President and CEO, HandsOn Broward / HandsOn Miami
- Francine Martin, Volunteer Coordinator, United Way of Volusia – Flagler Counties
- Sasha Moon, Manager, Corporate Community Impact, JM Family Enterprises
- Sherry Paramore, President & CEO, ELEVATE Orlando
- Sabeen Perwaiz, Executive Director, Florida Nonprofit Alliance
- Barbara Poma, Chief Executive Officer, onePULSE Foundation
- Donna Pulda, CVA, Vice President of Volunteer Services, United Way of Palm Beach County
- Leah Shepherd, Chief Operating Officer, onePULSE Foundation
- Jadeine Shives, CMP, HMCC, Meetings Sales & Services Manager, Experience Kissimmee
- Corey Simon, Chief Executive Officer, Volunteer Florida
- Erin Sjostrom, Chief Operating Officer, Volunteer Florida
- Pamella R. Thorne, Senior Manager, Corporate Citizenship, Deloitte Services, LP
- Susan B. Towler, APR, Vice President, Florida Blue Foundation, Executive Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, Florida Blue
- Kyle Trager, Director of Development & Community Relations, Hands On Orlando
- Sherry Wheelock, President & CEO, Special Olympics Florida
To register, and for information on the agenda, speakers, forums and workshops, visit www.pointsoflight.org/conference.
ABOUT THE POINTS OF LIGHT CONFERENCE
The 2021 Points of Light Conference is a virtual event with online sessions for a virtual audience. The conference brings together thousands of nonprofit, government, business and civic leaders to collaborate, connect, gain and share the knowledge and resources needed to galvanize the power of people to create change. We strive to strengthen the social sector by providing innovative ideas and resources that make it easier for people in communities across the globe to find opportunities to do good in new and meaningful ways; for businesses to share best practices and develop custom solutions to drive transformative change in the communities where their employees live and work; for nonprofits to collaborate and build capacity so they may better meet their missions; and to ensure that dedicated individuals and organizations are recognized for their commitment to taking action that improves the world. For more information, go to www.pointsoflight.org/conference.