We are 2 weeks away from Make A Difference Day! Have you been planning your project? Find projects to volunteer with and register your project to recruit volunteers to help you out on the Daytabank. Check out the Make A Difference Day mobile app! We had a Community Blueprint launch this week in D.C to launch our initiative to help veterans and military families. Learn more about it on our new military initiative website section.
Here are the news from the week:
1) Groups Unite on Blueprint to Help Returning Vets via CNCS blog.
2) October is National Bullying Month- What Adults Can Do Right Now via Huffington Post.
3) Inspiring Story of the Week: 99-year-old literacy teacher is making a difference.
4) Catch People in the Act of Doing Things Right via Harvard Business Review.
6) Yesterday, October 11, was the First International Day of the Girl.